Welcome to EASY FIXIT, Please take time out to carefully read the following terms and conditions. When accessing this website and using our services you are entering into a contract with the business Easyfixit. If there is any aspect of this contract that you disagree with or will not be able to uphold then we advise you to not use our service. By continuing to browse and use this site, you are agreeing to comply with and be bound by these terms. Please ensure that you read them carefully before booking any expert to carry out any work. We recommend that you print a copy of these terms and conditions and keep a copy.
‘We’, ‘Us’ and ‘Our’ ‘The’ refers to the present business ‘ Easyfixit Ltd ’ who’s registered office is International House, 61 Mosley Street Manchester, M2 3HZ and our registered Company number is 11964408 . ‘you’, ‘Your’, ‘client’, and ‘Customer’ is used to mean the person or business requesting our services, and therefore accepting the terms of this contract.
Our Company name is Easyfixit however, from time to time in these terms we will use the phrases ‘Expert(s)’. We refer to an ‘Expert(s)’ as an individual or company who has been matched to your requirements based upon your geographical area and postcode to carry out the works.
We act as an introducer between you (the customer) and the experts who are signed up to our web portal service (Experts). We will carry out checks prior to an expert joining our web portal service which are:
Expert is qualified for the type of work they do
Expert has provided a form of ID (POA)
Expert is insured
We do not carry out any other checks on the experts or prove the authenticity of any documentation supplied by the expert (e.g. qualification certificates, insurance) and you should note that although we will make best endeavours to supply a trusted expert, the ultimate responsibility lies with you in ensuring you are happy with the terms on which the work will be completed and that the expert has the necessary equipment to do so. The terms on which the work or repair you require is completed, are as agreed between you and the Expert. We remind you to please ask for a copy of the Experts terms and conditions prior to accepting any quotes and prior to any work beginning.
Our process carrying out the work
- When you first contact us we will take details of the work you need us to carry out and this will be solely based upon the description you have given. The expert will give you an estimate (quote) over the phone on how long the work will take to complete, however this price will only be an estimate as the price given is not a commitment to carry out the work at the estimated price. It is your responsibility to get a formal quote and having agreed to the quote prior to requesting the expert to carry out any work.
- Some jobs may require a visit before a formal quote can be given and in this instance when you first visit our website www.easyfixit.co.uk and or click the “I Need Help” drop down services options box you agree to us sharing your personal information with a local expert (name, address and contact number) so they can contact you to arrange a visit at your property and give you a formal quote. If you accept the quote provided by the expert they will then carry out the work. The expert may take pictures of the work that needs carrying out prior to giving you a formal quote. In some instances some experts may also request that you sign off the formal quote prior to carrying out any works. This is to ensure that the quote accurately reflects all the work you require and the price that you have agreed with the expert.
- The aim of the expert is to try and always get to you within 30-60 minutes if it’s an emergency call out. This is ultimately your responsibility as you have agreed the time with expert directly and we will not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage as a result of the expert not being able to complete the works or reach you within the 30-60 minutes time allocated. *
- * If you smell gas or have any other immediate emergency then please call the emergency services immediately on 999.
- The Expert will try and get to you as soon as possible and in most cases before the time allocated to you. However, this might not always be possible if an event occurs which is outside their control. We will not be liable or responsible for any delay or failure on behalf of the expert to carry out the work at the allocated time.
- To enable the expert to carry out the works you will need to provide them access to the property and any services and facilities. You will need to ensure that the premises are clear and safe for them to access and that you own the premises and do not need the consent of another person to enter the premises or carry out the work at the premises. The expert will only start to carry out work at your property if there’s someone 18 years old or older there at all times during the visit.
Some Jobs can need a little more time to investigate by the expert prior to a quote being obtained. You will be required to pay a fee for the initial time spent by the expert diagnosing the problem. This fee would become payable upon the Moment the expert has removed, touched or carried out any event relating to the potential repairs you have called him at your site for. Some Examples of these could be but not limited to:
A. Removing the front panel of your Boiler to investigate further.
B. Pulling up a floor board to establish a leak.
C. Removing a side panel of your bath to locate a leak.
D. Checking the pressure/ electrics to your boiler
E. Removing your Cistern to check a blocked toilet/overflowing toilet.
The Above examples are simply just examples and and any form of assessment/diagnosing would automatically Make you liable for this fee.
If you do not wish to pay this Assessment fee then cancel the job prior to the expert starting any job.
The Assessment is not time Linked and is therefore a fixed fee equivalent to 50% of the minimum hourly charge. For Example if your hourly charge was £120 your Assessment fee payable would be £60.
Once the expert has established what the issue is, they will provide you with a complete quote for the work, if you wish to go ahead with the quote, you should accept it before any work begins.
Price and payment
- The price you pay will be for Labour, Parts and Materials and vat if applicable. Labour will be charged at from the moment the expert arrives at your premises.
- When a job is booked in, Debit/Credit card details are obtained to secure the booking (Date & Time Slot) with an expert. In the case where materials may be required to complete a job, a deposit maybe required to purchase parts. This deposit will be agreed with customer beforehand.
- In some instances the expert may decide to charge per hour on site at the price quoted. A minimum of one hours labour will apply once the expert has attended the site. It is ultimately your responsibility to notify us of any changes or cancellations to the booking prior to the expert attending. (Therefore an hours labour charge will still apply if the expert attends the site and are turned away without prior notice).
- Upon finishing the work the expert will fill out an electronic/ online job sheet via His/Her Online phone App. This will include all of the details of the work he has completed, timings of arrival and working duration, as well as what work was done. The job sheet in some instances with your approval will also include before and after pictures of the work carried out .
- You will be asked to sign the Job sheet and type in your full name providing you have checked it is correct and are satisfied with its contents. The Expert will also sign the job sheet below your Signature. Please take your time before signing the Job sheet to avoid any Disputes later on.
- Do not sign the Job sheet unless You are 100% satisfied with its contents. It is your responsibility to have checked the contents thoroughly and immediately contact us if something is missing or inaccurate on 0800 1808995.
- It is your responsibility to have checked the following prior to signing off the job sheet and authorising Easy Fixit
- You have checked the repairs have been carried out completely and as per your expectations.
- You have checked and are fully satisfied with the quality of repairs.
- You Agree to the experts hours of work materials, Labour costs.
- You have agreed to the expert taking pictures of the before and after of the repairs.
- By signing the job sheet you have agreed to the charges and agree for Easy Fixit to Charge the Debit/Credit card they currently hold on file to settle the outstanding invoice. Your payment for the completed work would be authorised through the card payment processing facility at Easyfixit. A copy of this invoice would be sent to the email you provided and obtained by Easy Fixit in your initial enquiry.
- By signing the Job sheet you agree to Easy Fixit processing your personal information for the purpose of processing your payment, use as a means to contact you and informing you of similar products in the future.
- Do not ever pay the expert directly via any other payment method, examples of this could be Cash, Cheque or debit or credit card, Bank transfer, over the phone or actually in person. Should you do so any guarantee backed by Easyfixit will become null and void and will cease with immediate effect.
- Any quotes accepted by you with us over the phone or via our messaging service e.g. (whats app messaging) whereby you agree for the expert to carry out the work, by providing details of a debit/credit card, you are agreeing to have the job completed by us and to pay for any subsequent parts/materials.
- If an expert cannot gain access to your property he will try calling you, but leave if he still cannot gain access after having waited 10 minutes. In this scenario a cancellation charge will apply.
- If you cancel the job after accepting your quote you will be liable for a cancellation charge for time and work already carried out and charged for materials already purchased specifically for your job
- All work carried out by the expert and the parts supplied and fitted are guaranteed by them for a period which is usually 12 months. Please confirm this guarantee period directly with the expert prior to any works being carried out.
- Any goods or materials that we use that comes with a manufacturer guarantee would, in the case of fault or dissatisfaction have to be addressed with the manufacturer and their guidelines and practises.
- Since it is ultimately your responsibility to ensure that you are happy with the terms and conditions agreed between you and the expert which we (easyfixit) are not party to, any dispute or conflict regarding timescales taken to do the work, or quality of the work, or the way it was completed is ultimately your responsibility and we are under no obligation to provide you with a refund or compensation.
The guarantee is not applicable when:
- You have not adhered to instructions on how to operate or maintain any goods supplied by us, including any additional guidance outlined by manufacturers.
- You have intentionally or accidentally created the issue which you are notifying us about and seeking help with.
- Any extra work or alterations that have been carried out on the issue that we have dealt with either by you or any third party. In this case all warranties are void, and we are not obliged to rectify any further issue in this case.
- We have solved a problem relating to a central heating system or a drain blockage. These issues have a warranty period of 10 days only.
- Any work we have done is labelled as ‘temporary’. Meaning the solution was never intended to necessarily be permanent or long-term. It will be stated on the job sheet, and in some scenarios we will advise on permanent solutions.
- We provide a free web portal service of introducing customers to local experts to provide services as described on the website. However, we are not responsible or liable for the end services that are provided
- Nothing in these terms limits our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence, fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation or for any matter that we cannot exclude or limit as a matter of law.
- Therefore, to the extent permitted by law, (a) we disclaim any warranties, express or implied, and (b) other than as set out above, we are not liable for any loss or damage direct or indirect and arising in contract, tort, or otherwise. These limitations would not affect your statutory rights under the Consumer Rights act 2015 if applicable.
Your Personal Information
We will only use your personal information you provided us to
- Carry out the work
- Use as a means to contact you
- Process your payment
- Inform you regarding similar products or services that we provide. You may stop this by writing to us at our head office.
- You agree to us passing your information on to credit reference agencies and they may keep a record of such a search.
Monitoring calls and emails
- Calls maybe recorded for training and monitoring purposes.
- We may monitor and keep track of our emails to help improve our internal procedures.
Periodically we may ask an independent expert to come and carry out a ‘quality check audit’. This visit is primarily to establish any works carried have been completed to the highest standards. We will call you and arrange a convenient time with you should this be necessary.